Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
It’s easy to plan an inexpensive quickie vacation to Atmore. Here are 3 easy tips on how to maximize your fun for the least amount of money.
#1 Secure affordable lodging. If you are adventuresome, you could try an Airbnb. For folks who are less inclined to such an arrangement, we recommend choosing one of the budget hotels close to Wind Creek Casino such at the Muskogee Inn which offers free shuttle service to the casino property and amenities, as well as military and other discounts.
#2 Find restaurants that offer meal specials around town. The Creek Travel Plaza’s Diner and Anchor Café both offer daily specials that include drink and dessert for under $8.00.
And you can always search the internet for any posted coupons or meal deals.
#3 Plan your trip when there is inexpensive entertainment to be found. Atmore offers two free- to-attend downtown festivals. Mayfest occurs the first Saturday in May and William Station Day is held third Saturday in October. Both are open air venues with music, food vendors and various craft booths.
A short drive away from Downtown Atmore is a nature reserve, Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve, where the family can experience nature based fun like tubing or canoeing. Concerts are often held at Wind Creek Casino during the spring and summer.
Near the casino you can find inexpensive racing on weekends year round at the Atmore Dragway.
Admission rates to the dragway are generally low but offer hours of high speed entertainment.
For something indoor and a bit mellower, you can always take in some bowling. Wednesdays are Dollar Night at Strikes, the bowling alley at Wind Creek’s entertainment center.
Plan your next get away without breaking the bank, when you travel smart to Atmore.
Recovery from the recession that began in 2008 has sparked renewed interest in vacation travel. Hotel bookings at Muskogee Inn are up, and millions across the globe will enjoy vacations in the months to come. Many are still embracing staycations, in which families forgo expensive travel in favor of staying home. Plus, putting your money back into the local economy boosts your community.
Although discretionary spending is increasing, some individuals and families continue to take a conservative approach to their finances, and that approach extends to how they spend their time off.
Did you know that Muskogee Inn also offers a locals discount at various times of the year? Here are several other ways families can make their staycations enjoyable and memorable:
- Become a tourist in your hometown. Chances are you have never experienced the sights of your hometown the way a tourist might. Stay a weekend at Muskogee Inn and act like someone who is visiting Atmore for the first time. Seek out and visit points of history in the community, such as the train depot downtown or the Poarch Creek Indian Cultural Museum. You just might be surprised at what you can discover.
- Splurge on a show or sporting event. Attend an event you normally wouldn’t unless you were on vacation. Take the family to see the Mobile Bay Bears or Pensacola Blue Wahoos baseball teams play a home game. Treat yourself to concession stand snacks and a few souvenirs. During the summer, Wind Creek Atmore hosts a concert series at the amphitheater. Spend the night at Muskogee Inn after the concert to make it feel as if you were miles away from home.
- Look for hidden gems. Some local businesses might be willing to open up for “behind the scenes” tours if you ask. This can be a fun excursion for young children. Newspaper offices might host tours of their facilities. Even the bowling alley at Wind Creek Atmore can be fascinating to children. Ask management if they can see ball-return mechanisms or how equipment is stored. Or take time to do an activity at Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve that you normally don’t partake in.
- Dine out a few nights. Vacations often entail eating out. Use your staycation as the opportunity to dine at local restaurants, such as Creek Travel Plaza’s diner. Forget those diet plans for a day or two and savor that triple-scoop sundae on the diner’s menu.
- Read the newspapers. Chances are you can find a number of entertaining and low-cost activities sponsored by your town or other organizations close to home.
- Turn off electronics. Take a break from some of your devices during your staycation. By doing so, you will be less likely to fall into your daily habits and more likely to make the most of your time to rest and relax.